Sunday, December 4, 2016

Mediterranean savor, dried chili pepper



Dried chili pepper, also called Cayenne pepper (city of French Guiana), is part of many of my recipes. It is a basic ingredient in the spice pantry from my kitchen.
I usually add a dried chili pepper to give a slight spicy touch to stews or cream soups. It is, furthermore, a way to reduce the amount of salt when seasoning the food, which brings health benefits. But when the food is already prepared or before processing it with the mixer, I remove it.
On some occasion, the chili got me by surprise in a bite. And what a surprise! The fire was coming out of my mouth and eyes. A quick and home remedy that helps to alleviate the itching on the mouth is to eat crumb of bread. And after a few seconds, you even feel better.
It is an ideal ingredient for winter dishes, since it helps to mitigate the sensation of cold in the body and helps to the defenses of our body against colds and flu, typical of the season.

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment