Thursday, November 17, 2016

Mediterranean Savor: Red bean cream soup.

 


One of my favorite recipes emerged from a curious way:

 - I had a packet of  red beans  for some time kept in the pantry; the truth is that I had completely forgotten it because I did not know what to do with it.

   I put the whole half a kilo to soak overnight and the next day I cooked the beans only with a large onion, since I still wasn´t clear about what I was going to do with them, or rather, with what I was going to combine them once cooked.

   It happened that while they were cooking, they started to give off a really delicious aroma, similar to cocoa; I was enthusiastic about the aroma and decided to make a cream soup with the complete half a kilo.

Preparation:
When the beans were well cooked, I removed a few of them to garnish the dish just before serving the cream soup and also some of the cooking liquid so that I could use it to heat the whole beans and, besides, to use it when preparing the cream soup since it may serve to dilute it.
Once served the dish, I sprinkled with a dash of Picual  extra virgin olive oi, but this is if desired. 
The cream soup, with a very dense texture, was delicious both in savor and in aroma, and very digestive.
Ingredients: (Serves 4, in a 3-liter saucepan).
500 g dried  red beans ;
1 large onion;
Sea salt (to taste)
Picual  extra vigin olive oil
>> see more cream soup recipes

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment